I write copy — web content, white papers, case studies, brochures, newsletters, ghostwriting, and so forth — predominantly (but not exclusively) for the tech industry. Here are some examples:
- A multinational software company establishing its credentials for forward thinking turned to me for reports and interviews about technology and business trends.
- A software company’s philanthropic foundation hired me to write all the copy for its website—and has brought me back for subsequent updates and revisions.
- A custom publisher brought me on board to help a global consulting firm develop a series of four white papers about the future of software pricing. 1 2 3 4 (PDFs)
- Another custom publisher hired me to write a white paper for its client, a well-known name in technology, about applications as a source of business value. (PDF)
- A major tech research firm had me turn a sponsored survey on mobile app trends into a research report positioning the sponsoring mobile technology vendor as a thought leader. (PDF)
- A major hardware company that sends a custom publication to its business customers had me turn several dry case studies into magazine-style profiles. (PDF)
I’ve worked either directly or as a subcontractor for marquee firms like Adobe, Dell, HP, Informatica, Iron Mountain, Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Verizon, as well as smaller and less well-known (but no less demanding) companies in hardware, software, IT outsourcing, and interactive advertising and marketing.
My portfolio includes projects on technologies such as network infrastructure, servers and data centers, data management, data integration, cloud computing, unified communications, VoIP, mobility, security, and application life cycle management.